Παρασκευή, 3 Ιουνίου 2016

Prince death: Singer died of fentanyl painkiller overdose


Prince performs in the UK. Photo: July 2011Image copyrightREUTERS
Image captionPrince was found dead at his Minneapolis-area estate on 21 April
US singer Prince died from an accidental overdose of the painkiller fentanyl, medical examiners have found.
The report, from Midwest Medical Examiner's Office in Minnesota, comes more than a month after the singer was found slumped in a lift at his home.
Detectives have already questioned a doctor who saw the 57-year-old twice in the weeks before he died.
Prescription painkillers were in the singer's possession following his death, officials told US media in May.
A police warrant has also revealed that Dr Michael Schulenberg prescribed medication to the singer on 20 April - the day before he died. 
The warrant does not say what was prescribed or whether Prince took the drugs.
According to the autopsy report, Prince self-administered fentanyl, an opioid many times more powerful than heroin.
Prince was found unresponsive in a lift at his Paisley Park Studios on the morning of 21 April, local officials said. First responders tried to revive him with CPR but he was pronounced dead shortly afterwards.
Artists from around the world and Prince's numerous fans later paid tributes to the star.
Prince fan touches the star of music legend Prince who died suddenly at the age of 57Image copyrightAFP
Image captionPrince's sudden death shocked people around the world
Prince was cremated in a private ceremony on 24 April. The singer's family are understood to be planning to stage a public memorial in August.
He was a prolific writer and performer from a young age, reportedly writing his first song when he was seven.
A singer, songwriter, arranger and multi-instrumentalist, Prince recorded more than 30 albums. His best known hits include Let's Go Crazy and When Doves Cry.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου