June is New York Music Month--the first-ever citywide celebration of New York’s diverse and thriving music sector.
Featuring 30 days of converts, walking tours, panel discussions and free rehearsal space for musicians, New York Music Month is brought to you by the Mayor’s Office of Media and Entertainment in partnership with NY is Music.
Some highlights of New York Music Month:
• Free concerts: New comprehensive website listing free and ticketed music events all over the city including concerts at SummerStage, Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival, Lincoln Center Presents, Northside Festival, Make Music New York and more.
• Free walking tours of iconic music sites as well as a digital map produced in partnership with Foursquare.
• 2,000+ hours of free rehearsal space for NYC-based musicians through community development organization Spaceworks
• Online toolkit for musicians: MOME is putting out an RFP to create a first-of-its kind on-line resource to help musicians with the business side of their careers, with contracts templates, guides for registering music and ways to generate revenue.
• Music, tech and real estate conference: A day-long event at NYU Steinhardt, “Sound Development NYC” will explore what comes next at the intersection of New York City’s music, tech and real estate industries with panels on venue preservation, music tech innovations, and more.
To get all the details and find events near you, visit www.nymusicmonth.nyc and follow @nymusicmonth on Twitter.
Copyright © 2017 The Village Voice, LLC, All rights reserved.
Our mailing address is:
80 Maiden Lane
New York, NY 10038
Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list