Monday, November 7, 2016

List of English-language pop songs

 based on French-language songs


The following is a list of English-language pop songs based on French-language songs. The songs here were originally written and performed in the French language. Later, new, English-language lyrics were set to the same melody as the original song. Songs are arranged in alphabetical order, omitting the articles "a" and "the".

A[edit]

  • "About The Time" - "Avec le temps" (Translation: "With Time")
  • "Amsterdam" (On The Port of Amsterdam) - "Amsterdam (Sur le port d'Amsterdam)" (Translation: "Amsterdam (On The Port of Amsterdam)")
  • "Autumn Leaves" - "Les feuilles mortes" (Translation: "Dead Leaves")

B[edit]

C[edit]

D[edit]

E[edit]

  • "Emotion" - "Amoureuse" (Translation: "In Love")

F[edit]

  • "A Fair Affair" - "Je t'aime, moi non plus" (Translation: "I Love You, Nor Do It")
  • "Feelings" - "Pour toi" (1950s song, later amended to "Dis lui" - Translation: "Tell Her")

G[edit]

  • "Girl Talk" - "Dansez sur moi" (Translation: "Dance On Me")
  • "The Good Life" - "La Belle Vie" (Translation: "The Good Life")

I[edit]

L[edit]

M[edit]

  • "My Boy" - "Parce que je t’aime mon enfant" (Translation: "Because I Love You Child")
  • "My Man" - "Mon homme" (Translation: "My Man")
  • "My Sweetest Pain" - "Ma Douce Folie Amère" (Translation: "My Bittersweet Craziness")
  • "My Way" - "Comme d'habitude" (Translation: "As Usual")

N[edit]

  • "Natural" - "Tous les maux d'amour" (Translation: "All Love Aches")

S[edit]

T[edit]

  • "Too Lost in You" - "Quand j'ai peur de tout" (Translation: "When Everything Scares Me")
  • "Two Loves Have I" - "J'ai deux amours" (Translation: "I've Got Two Loves")

W[edit]

Y[edit]

No comments:

Post a Comment