Tuesday, April 29, 2014

THE MOST POPULAR SONG HITS OF 1980

1. You Shook Me All Night Long - AC/DC
"She was a fast machine, she kept her motor clean
Was the best d@mn woman that I ever seen"
2. Theme From New York New York - Frank Sinatra
"Start spreadin' the news, I'm leavin' today
I want to be a part of it
New York, New York"
3. Another One Bites The Dust - Queen
"Are you happy, are you satisfied
How long can you stand the heat
Out of the doorway the bullets rip
To the sound of the beat"
4. What I Like About You - Romantics
"What I like about you
You keep me warm at night
Never wanna let you go
Know you make me feel alright, yeah"
5. Funkytown - Lipps Incorporated
"Well I talk about it, talk about it
Talk about it, talk about it
Talk about, talk about
Talk about movin' "
6. On The Road Again - Willie Nelson
"On the road again
Just can't wait to get on the road again
The life I love is makin' music with my friends"
7. Another Brick In The Wall (part 2) - Pink Floyd
"We don't need no education
We don't need no thought control
No dark sarcasm in the classroom
Teacher leave them kids alone"
8. Master Blaster (Jammin) - Stevie Wonder
"Didn't know you
Would be jammin' until the break of dawn
I bet nobody ever told you that you
Would be jammin' until the break of dawn
You would be jammin' and jammin' and jammin', jam on"
9. Rapper's Delight - Sugarhill Gang
I said a hip hop,
Hippie to the hippie
The hip , hip a hop, and you don't stop, a rock it
To the bang bang boogie, say, up jump the boogie
To the rhythm of the boogie, the beat"
10. Fame - Irene Cara
"I'm gonna live forever
I'm gonna learn how to fly
High
I feel it coming together
People will see me and cry
Fame"
11. Ladies Night - Kool and the Gang
"Oh yes it's ladies night
And the feeling's right
Oh yes it's ladies night
Oh what a night (oh what a night)"
12. Take Your Time (Do It Right) - S.O.S. Band
"Now, baby, we can do it
Take the time
Do it right
We can do it, baby
Do it tonight"
13. He's So Shy - Pointer Sisters
"He's so shy, she's so shy
That sweet little boy who caught my eye
He's so shy, he's so shy
And he's much too good to let that by
Oh, yes he is"
14. Feels Like I'm In Love - Kelly Marie
"My knees shake
My heart beats like a drum
It feels like
It feels like I'm in love"
15. One In A Million You - Larry Graham
"A one in a million chance of a lifetime
And life showed compassion
And sent to me a stroke of love calaled 'You'
A one in a million you"
16. Any Way You Want It - Journey
"Any way you want it
That's the way you need it
Any way you want it"
17. The Rose - Bette Midler
"Some say love, it is a river
That drowns the tender reed"
18. Could I Have This Dance - Anne Murray
"Could I have this dance for the rest of my life
Would you be my partner every night
When we're together it feels so right
Could I have this dance for the rest of my life"
19. Off The Wall - Michael Jackson
"Life ain't so bad at all
If you live it off the wall"
20. Rock With You - Michael Jackson
"I wanna rock with you all night
Dance you into day, sunlight
I wanna rock with you all night
We're gonna rock the night away"
21. I Wanna Be Your Lover - Prince
"I wanna be your lover
I wanna be the ony one that makes you come running
I wanna be your lover
I wanna turn you on, turn you out, all night long, make you shout"
22. Upside Down - Diana Ross
"Instinctively you give to me
The love that I need
I cherish the moments with you.
Respectfully I see to thee
I'm aware that you're cheating
But no one makes me feel like you do"
23. On The Radio - Donna Summer
"Someone found a letter you wrote me, on the radio
And they told the world just how you felt"
24. Volcano - Jimmy Buffet
"I don't know
I don't know
I don't know where I'm gonna go
When the volcano blows"
25. Lady - Kenny Rogers
"Lady, your love's the only love I need
And beside me is where I want you to be
"Cause, my love, there's something I want you to know
You're the love of my life, you're my lady"
26. Whip It - Devo
27. Love Stinks - J. Geils Band
28. Cheap Sunglasses - ZZ Top
29. You Better Run - Pat Benatar
30. Look What You've Done To Me - Boz Scaggs
31. Hit Me With Your Best Shot - Pat Benatar
32. Misunderstanding - Genesis
33. Heartbreaker - Pat Benatar
34. This Is It - Kenny Loggins
35. Cocaine - Eric Clapton
36. You May Be Right - Billy Joel
37. The Long Run - Eagles
38. My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys - Willie Nelson
39. I'm Alright - Kenny Loggins
40. Rock Lobster - B-52s
41. Do That To Me One More Time - The Captain and Tenille
42. Call Me - Blondie
43. Love X Love - George Benson
44. Against The Wind - Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band
45. I Don't Like Mondays - Boomtown Rats
46. I'm Coming Out - Diana Ross
47. Don't Push It Don't Force It - Leon Haywood
48. Remember (Walking In The Sand) - Aerosmith
49. (Just Like) Starting Over - John Lennon
50. Crazy Little Thing Called Love - Queen
51. Dreamer - Supertramp
52. Hungry Heart - Bruce Springsteen
53. Could I Have This Dance - Anne Murray
54. Turn It On Again - Genesis
55. Special Lady - Ray Goodman and Brown
56. Games Without Frontiers - Peter Gabriel
57. Give Me The Night - George Benson
58. Brass In Pocket - Pretenders
59. It's Still Rock and Roll To Me - Billy Joel
60 Train In Vain (Stand By Me) - The Clash
61. Working My Way Back To You (Forgive Me Girl) - The Spinners
62. Angeline - Allman Brothers Band
63. Alabama Getaway - Grateful Dead
64. All Out Of Love - Air Supply
65. The Breaks - Kurtis Blow
66. 99 - Toto
67. Into The Night - Benny Mardones
68. I Got You - Split Enz
69. Don't Misunderstand Me - Rossington Collins Band
70. Dirty Water - The Inmates
71. Cars - Gary Numan
72. Back Of My Hand (I've Got Your Number) - The Jags
73. Say Goodbye To Little Jo - Steve Forbert
74. Tired of Toein' The Line - Rocky Burnett
75. Private Idaho - B-52s
76. Wango Tango - Ted Nugent
77. Steal Away - Robbie Dupree
78. Clones (We're All) - Alice Cooper
79. Money - The Flying Lizards
80. Turning Japanese - The Vapors
81. Lola (Live) - The Kinks
82. Sequel - Harry Chapin
83. Breakfast In America - Supertramp
84. Emotional Rescue - Rolling Stones
85. Cruisin' - Smokey Robinson
86. Sequel - HarryChapin
87. Cupid/I've Loved You For A Long Time - Spinners
88. The Spirit Of Radio - Rush
89. Think About Me - Fleetwood Mac
90. Stomp! - The Brothers Johnson
91. Longer - Dan Fogleberg
92. She's So Cold - Rolling Stones
93. Don't Do Me Like That - Tom Pettry and the Heartbreakers
94. Sometimes A Fantasy - Billy Joel
95. Jo-Jo - Boz Scaggs
96. And The Cradle Will Rock - Van Halen
97. Rotation - Herb Alpert
98. Stop Your Sobbing - The Pretenders
99. Run Like Hell - Pink Floyd
100. Trickle Trickle - The Manhattan Transfer

No comments:

Post a Comment