Wednesday, April 30, 2014

ΤΗΕ ΜΟSΤ POPULAR SONG HITS OF 1981


1. Don't Stop Believin' - Journey
"Just a small town girl
Livin' in a lonely world
She took the midnight train goin' anywhere"
2. Let's Groove - Earth, Wind and Fire
"Let's groove tonight
Share the spice of life
Baby slice it right
We're gonna groove tonight"
3. Super Freak - Rick James
"She's a very kinky girl
The kind you don't take home to mother
She will never let your spirits down
Once you get her off the street"
4. Give It To Me Baby - Rick James
When I came home last night
You wouldn't make love to me
You went fast asleep
You wouldn't even talk to me"
5. Jessie's Girl - Rick Springfield
"You know, I feel so dirty
When they start talking cute
I wanna tell her that I love her,
But the point is probably moot"
6. Start Me Up - Rolling Stones
"If you start me up
If you start me up I'll never stop"
7. Back In Black - AC/DC
"Back in black
I hit the sack
I've been too long I'm glad to be back"
8. I Love You - Climax Blues Band
"When I was younger man I hadn't a care
Foolin' around, hitting the town, growing my hair
You came along and stole my heart when you entered my life
Ooh babe you got what it takes so I made you my wife"
9. Celebration - Kool and The Gang
"There's a party goin' on right here
A celebration to last throughout the years
So bring your good times and your laughter too
We gonna celebrate your party with you"
10. She's A Bad Mama Jama (She's Built, She's Stacked) - Carl Carlton
"She's a bad mama jama
Just as fine as she can be, hey
She's a bad mama jama, oh
Just as fine as she can be"
11. Just The Two Of Us - Grover Washington Jr & Bill Withers
"Just the two of us
We can make it if we try
Just the two of us
Just the two of us
Building castles in the sky
Just the two of us
You and I"
12. Double Dutch Bus - Frankie Smith
"There's a Double Dutch Bus comin' down the street
Movin' pretty fast, so kinda shuffle your feet
Get on the bus and pay your fare
And tell the driver that
You're doin' to a Double Dutch affair"
13. Waiting For A Girl Like You - Foreigner
"I've been waiting for a girl like you
To come into my life
I've been waiting for a girl like you
And a love that will survive"
14. Endless Love - Lionel Richie and Diana Ross
My love, there's only you in my life,
The only thing that's right.
My first love, you're every breath that I take,
You're every step I make.
15. Fantastic Voyage - Lakeside
"Come along, pack your bags
Get on up and jam y'all.
Come on and rideon the funk y'all
(Come along and ride on a fantastic voyage)"
16. In The Air Tonight - Phil Collins
"I can feel it, comin' in the air tonight, oh Lord
I've been waitin' for this moment, all my life, oh Lord
Can you feel it comin' in the air tonight, oh Lord?
Oh Lord"
17. Hey Nineteen - Steely Dan
"Hey Nineteen
No we can't dance together
No we can't talk at all
Please take me along
When you slide on down"
18. Love T.K.O. - Teddy Pendergrass
"Takin' the bumps and the bruises
Of all the things of a two-time loser
See I try to hold on, my faith is gone
It's just another sad song "
19. We're In This Love Together - Al Jarreau
"We're in this love together.
We got the kind that lasts forever.
We're in this love together
And like berries on the vine,
It gets sweeter all the time."
20. De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da - Police
"De do do do, de da da da
Is all I want to say to you
De do do do, de da da da
Their innocence will pull me through"
21. Lady (You Bring Me Up) - Commodores
"Lady
You bring me up when I'm down
Maybe
You're gonna change my life around"
22. Urgent - Foreigner
"It gets so urgent, so urgent, you know it's, urgent
I wanna tell you it's the same for me, ooh-oooh, so-oh-oh urgent...
Just you wait and see, how urgent, our love can be, it's urgent..."
23. The Tide Is High - Blondie
"The tide is high but I'm holding on
I'm gonna be your number one
Number one, number one"
24. Fire and Ice - Pat Benatar
"Fire and ice
You come on like a flame
Then you turn a cold shoulder
Fire and ice
I want to give you my love
But you'll just take a little piece of my heart"
25. Our Lips Are Sealed - Go Go's
"Can you hear them
They talk about us
Telling lies
Well that's no surprise"
26. Same Old Lang Syne - Dan Fogleberg
27. The Stroke - Billy Squier
28. Who's Making Love - Blues Brothers
29. Being With You - Smokey Robinson
30. Don't Stand So Close To Me - Police
31. Tempted - Squeeze
32. Burn Rubber (Why You Wanna Hurt Me) - Gap Band
33. Guilty - Barbra Streisand and Barry Gibb
34. Woman - John Lennon
35. Winner Takes All - Abba
36. Queen of Hearts - Juice Newton
37. Controversy - Prince
38. Rapture - Blondie
39. 9 to 5 - Dolly Parton
40. America - Neil Diamond
41. Physical - Olivia Newton John
42. Treat Me Right - Pat Benatar
43. Elvira - Oak Ridge Boys
44. The Old Songs - Barry Manilow
45. Fashion - David Bowie
46. No Reply At All - Genesis
47. All Those Years Ago - George Harrison
48. Slow Hand - Pointer Sisters
49. 8th Wonder - Sugarhill Gang
50. My Girl (Gone, Gone, Gone) - Chilliwack
51. Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic - Police
52. Winning - Santana
53. Say Goodbye To Hollywood - Billy Joel
54. Jones vs. Jones - Kool and the Gang
55. Controversy - Prince
56. Private Eyes - Hall and Oates
57. (Ghost) Riders In The Sky - The Outlaws
58. Working In The Coal Mine - Devo
59. Watching The Wheels - John Lennon
60 Keep On Loving You - REO Speedwagon
61. Super Trooper - Abba
62. Arc of a Diver - Steve Winwood
63. While You See A Chance - Steve Winwood
64. Teacher, Teacher - Rockpile
65. Sukiyaki - A Taste Of Honey
66. Hello Again - Neil Diamond
67. (There's) No Getting Over Me - Ronnie Milsap
68. Morning Train (9 to 5) - Sheena Easton
69. All American Girls - Sister Sledge
70. Skateaway - Dire Straites
71. Ah! Leah - Donnie Iris
72. This Little Girl - Gary U.S. Bonds
73. Wasn't That A Party - The Rovers
74. Sign of the Gypsy Queen - April Wine
75. Boy From New York City - Manhatten Transfer
76. Just Once - Quicy Jones featuringJames Ingram
77. Back To The 60s (Medley) - Tight Fit
78. Stop Draggin' My Heart Around - Stevie Nicks, Tom Petty and teh Heartbreakers
79. Watching The Wheels - John Lennon
80. Bette Davis Eyes
81. Every Woman In The World - Air Supply
82. It's My Turn - Diana Ross
83. How 'Bout Us - Champaigne
84. Tom Saywer - Rush
85. I've Done Everything For You - Rick Springfield
86. Passion - Rod Stewart
87. Kiss On My List - Hall and Oates
88. You Better You Bet - The Who
89. I Love A Rainy Night - Eddie Rabbitt
90. Love On A Two-Way Street - Stacy Lattisaw
91. The Break-Up Song (They Don't Write 'Em) - Greg Kihn
92. Medley - Stars on 45
93. Hold On Loosely - 38 Special
94. Say Goodbye To Hollywood - Billy Joel
95. Promises In The Dark - pat Benatar
96. Her Town Too - James Taylor and J.D. Souther
97. Sausalito Summernight - Diesel
98. 96 Tears - Garland Geffreys
99. I Missed Again - Phil Collins
100. Burnin' For You - Blue Oyster Cult

No comments:

Post a Comment