Monday, April 28, 2014

THE MOST POPULAR SONG HITS OF 1979

1. Y.M.C.A. - Village People
"It's fun to stay at the Y.M.C.A.
It's fun to stay at the Y.M.C.A
They have everything for a young man to enjoy
You can hang out with all the boys"
2. I Will Survive - Gloria Gaynor
"Go on now, go, walk out the door, just turn around now
'Cause you're not welcome any more"
3. Don't Stop Til You Get Enough - Michael Jackson
"Keep on with the force , don't stop
Don't stop til you get enough"
4. We Are Family - Sister Sledge
"We are family
I got all my sisters with me
We are family
Get up everybody and sing"
5. Old Time Rock and Roll - Bob Seger
"Just take those old records off the shelf
I'll sit and listen to 'em by myself"
6. Hot Stuff/Bad Girls - Donna Summer
"Lookin' for some hot stuff, baby, this evenin'
I need some hot stuff, baby, tonight
"
"Bad girls, talking bout the sad girls
Sad girls, talking about the bad girls, yeah
"
7. Good Times - Chic 
"Good times, these are the good times
Leave your cares behind, these are the good times"
8. Escape (The Pina Colada Song) - Rupert Holmes
"If you like Pina Coladas and getting caught in the rain
And the feel of the ocean and the taste of champagne"
9. Aint No Stoppin Us Now - McFadden & Whitehead
"Ain't no stoppin us now!
We're on the move!"
10. September - Earth, Wind and Fire
"Do you remember
The 21st night in September"
11. Born To Be Alive - Patrick Hernadez
"You see we're born, born, born
Born to be alive"
12. My Sharona - the Knack
"Never gonna stop, give it up
Such a dirty mind, always get it up...
My my my my my Sharona"
"My son once asked me what 1979 was like and I took him to a diner that had a juke box. I put in $5.00 worth of quarters and had it play My Sharona 20 times in a row. We walked out mid way through the third playing, I told him that if he imagined that sound, only 10 times as loud, for 3 months non stop he would have captured that summer perfectly."
PS: We still go to that diner, but they do not let me play with the juke box anymore.
-Cubby77267

13. Heart Of Glass - Blondie
"Once I had a love and it was a gas
Soon turned out had a heart of glass"
14. Knock On Wood - Amii Stewart
"It's like thunder, lightening
The way you love me is frightenin"
15. After The Love Has Gone - Earth, Wind and Fire
"After the love has gone
What used to right is wrong
Can love that's lost be found"
16. Shake Your Body Down To The Ground - Jacksons
"Let's dance, let's shout (shout)
Shake your body down to the ground"
17. The Rainbow Connection - Kermit (the Frog)
"Why are there so many
Songs about rainbows
And what's on the other side"
18. Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin' - Journey
"When I'm all alone all by myself
You're out with someone else
Lovin', touchin', squeezin' each other
Na na na na na na
Na na na na na"
19. The Devil Went Down To Georgia - Charlie Daniels Band
"Fire on the mountain, run boys, run
The Devil's in the House of the Rising Sun"
20. One Way or Another - Blondie
"One way or another, I'm gonna find ya
I'm gonna getcha, getcha, getcha, getcha"
21. Ooh Baby Baby - Linda Ronstadt 
"I'm crying
Ooh baby baby
Ooh baby baby"
22. Do Ya Think I'm Sexy? - Rod Stewart
"If you want my body, and you think I'm sexy
Come on sugar, let me know
If you really need me, just reach out and touch me
Come on honey, tell me so"
23. Boogie Wonderland - Earth, Wind and Fire
"All the love in the world can't be gone
All the need to be loved can't be wrong
All the records are playing and my head keeps saying
Boogie Wonderland, Wonderland"
24. Love Ballad - George Benson
"Lovers come and lovers go, that's what the people say
Don't they know that how it feels when you love me
And hold me and say you care"
25. Rise - Herb Alpert 
"Rise up high
You and I into the sky"
26. In The Navy - Village People
27. Ring My Bell - Anita Ward
28. Got To Be Real - Cheyl Lynn
29. Shake Your Goove Thing - Peaches and Herb
30. Take The Long Way Home - Supertramp
31. We've Got Tonight - Bob Seger
32. Babe - Styx
33. Fins - Jimmy Buffett
34. You Decorated My Life - Kenny Rogers
35. Sultans Of Swing - Dire Straites
36. Disco Nights (Rock Freak) - G.Q.
37. Heatache Tonight - Eagles
38. She Believes In Me - Kenny Rogers
39. Video Killed The Radio Star - the Buggles
40. Pop Muzic - M
41. Hold The Line - Toto
42. H.A.P.P.Y. Radio - Edwin Starr
43. Crazy Love - Allman Brothers Band
44. Highway To Hell - AC/DC
45. Street Life - Crusaders
46. Don't Bring Me Down - ELO
47. My Life - Billy Joel
48. You Took The Words Right Out Of My Mouth - Meatloaf
49. Roxanne - Police
50. Good Girls Don't - the Knack
51. Honesty - Billy Joel
52. Take Me To The River - Talking Heads
53. At Midnight - T-Connection
54. Good Times Roll - The Cars
55. I Go To Rio - Pablo Cruise
56. Boom Boom (Out Go The Lights) - Pat Travers Band
57. Livin It Up (Friday Night) - Bell & James
58. Contact - Edwin Starr
59. Rubber Biscuit - Blues Brothers
60 Message In A Bottle - The Police
61. There But For The Grace Of God Go I - Machine
62. Heaven Must Have Sent You - Bonnie Pointer
63. Life During Wartime - Talking Heads
64. Soul Man - Blues Brothers
65. Voulez-Vous - Abba
66. I Want You To Want Me - Cheap Trick
67. The Logical Song - Supertramp
68. Rust Never Sleeps (Into The Black) - Neil Young
69. Lay It On The Line - Triumph
70. Cruel To Be Kind - Nick Lowe
71. Don't Stop Me Now - Queen
72. The Gambler - Kenny Rogers
73. Hey, St. Peter - Flash and The Pan
74. What A Fool Believes - Doobie Brothers
75. Makin It - David Naughton
76. Crazy Love - Poco
77. Chase - Giorgia Moroder
78. Instant Replay - Dan Hartman
79. Minute By Minute - The Doobie Brothers
80. You Make Me Feel (Mighty Real) - Sylvester
81. Rock 'N' Roll Fantasy - Bad Company
82. I Need A Lover - John Cougar
83. Dirty White Boy - Foreignor
84. Goodbye Stranger - Supertramp
85. Dance The Night Away - Van Halen
86. Morning Dance - Spyro Gyra
87. Beautiful Girls - Van Halen
88. Long Live Rock - The Who
89. Let's Go - The Cars
90. Is She Really Going Out With Him? - Joe Jackson
91. Just The Same Way - Journey
92. 5:15 - The Who
93. Girls Talk - Dave Edmunds
94. Shattered - Rolling Stones
95. New YorkGoove - Ace Frehley
96. I Do The Rock - Tim Curry
97. The Man With The Child In His Eyes - Kate Bush
98. Since You Been Gone _ Rainbow
99. Just Another Night - Ian Hunter
100. Frederick - Patti Smith Group

No comments:

Post a Comment