Sunday, April 27, 2014

THE MOST POPULAR SONG HITS OF 1978


1. Last Dance - Donna Summer 
"I need you by me, beside me, to guide me
To hold me, to scold me
'Cause when I'm bad, I'm so, so bad"
2. Disco Inferno - Trammps
"Burn baby burn, disco inferno
Burn baby burn, burn that mama down"
3. Wonderful Tonight - Eric Clapton 
"And then I tell her as I turn out the light
I say My darling, you are wonderful tonight"
4. Paradise By The Dashboard Light - Meatloaf 
"OK, here we go, we got a real pressure cooker going here. Two down, nobody on, no score, bottom of the ninth. There's the windup, and there it is. A line shot up the middle, look at him go. This boy can really fly. He's rounding first and really turning it on now. He's not letting up at all, he's gonna try for second. The ball is bobbled out in the center. And here's the throw and what a throw. He's gonna slide in head first. Here he comes, he's out. No, wait, safe, safe at second base. This kid really makes things happen out there. Batter steps up to the plate. Here's the pitch, he's going. And what a jump he's got. He's trying for third. Here's the throw. It's in the dirt, safe a third. Holy cow, stolen base. He's taking a pretty big lead out there. Almost daring them to pick him off. The pitcher glances over, winds up and it's bunted. Bunted down the third-base line. The suicide squeeze is on. Here he comes, squeeze play, it's gonna be close. Here's the throw, here's the play at the plate. Holy cow, I think he's gonna make it!"
- Phil Rizzuto (1917-2007) , Paradise By The Dashboard Light.

5. Just The Way You Are - Billy Joel
"Don't go changing to try and please me
You never let me down before"
6. Summer Nights - Olivia Newton-John & John Travolta
"Summer loving had me a blast
Summer loving happened so fast"
7. We Are The Champions - Queen
"We are the champions my friend
And we'll keep on fightin' til lthe end
We are the champions, we are the champions
No time for losers 'cause we are the champion"
8. Stayin Alive - Bee Gees
"Well you can tell by the way I use my walk
I'm a woman's man, no time to talk"
9. We Will Rock You - Queen
"
Stomp Stomp Clap! Stomp Stomp Clap!
You got mud on yo' face
You big disgrace
Kickin' your can all over the place"
10. Copacabana - Barry Manilow
"Her name was Lola
She was a show girl"
11. Night Fever - Bee Gees
"Night fever, night fever
We know how to do it
Gimme that night fever, night fever
We know how to show it"
12. Only The Good Die Young - Billy Joel
"Come out Virginia, don't let me wait
You Catholic girls start much too late"
13. Greased Lightnin' - John Travolta
"Go greased lightening, you're burning up the quarter mile
(Greased lightening, go greased lightening)"
14. She's Always A Woman - Billy Joel
"And she'll promise you more
Than the Garden of Eden
Then she'll carelessly cut you
And laugh while you're bleedin' "
15. You're the One That I Want Olivia Newton-John & John Travolta"I got chills they're multiplying 
And I'm losing control
'Cause the power you're supplying
It's electrifying

You better shape up 'cause I need a man
And my heart is set on you"

16. Macho Man - Village People 
"Macho, macho man
I've got to be a macho man
Macho, macho man
I've got to be macho!"
17. You Needed Me - Anne Murray 
"You gave me strength to stand alone again
To face the world on my own again
You put me high upon a pedestal
So high that I could almost see eternity
You needed me, you needed me"
18. Two Tickets To Paradise - Eddie Money
"I've got two tickets to paradise
Won't you pack your bags, we'll leave tonight"
19. Dance (Disco Heat) - Sylvester
Workin' on my feet in the disco heat
Dancin' through the night 'til mornin light shines on me again
Music reaches me dance, dance, dance, dance"
20. Always And Forever - Heatwave
"And every day day love me your own special way
Melt all my heart away with a smile
Take time to tell me you really care
And we'll share tomorrow together
I'll always love you, forever, forever"
21. Shaker Song - Spiro GyraInstrumental
22. My Best Friend's Girl - The Cars 
"Well she's my best friend's girl
She's my best friend's girl-irlAnd she used to be mine"
23. Who Are You - The Who
"Well who are you? (Who are you? Who? Who? Who? Who?)
I really wanna know (Who are you? Who? Who? Who? Who?)"
24. Dance, Dance, Dance (Yowsah, Yowsah, Yowsah) - Chic 
"Rumba and tango
Latin hustle too
Yowsah, yowsah, yowsah
I wanna boogie with you"
25. Anytime - Journey
"Ooh, anytime that you want me
Ooh, anytime that you need me"
26. Le Freak - Chick
27. Deacon Blues - Steely Dan
28. You're In My Heart (The Final Acclaim) - Rod Stewart
29. Follow You Follow Me - Genesis
30. Life's Been Good - Joe Walsh
31. Josie - Steely Dan
32. What's Your Name - Lynyrd Skynrd
33. Can't Smile Without You - Barry Manilow
34. Boogie Shoes - K.C. and the Sunshine Band
35. You Really Got Me - Van Halen
36. Just What I Needed - The Cars
37. Lights - Journey
38. Fantasy - Earth Wind and Fire
39. Blame It On The Boogie - Jacksons
40. Shame - Evelyn Champagne King
41. Mamas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys - Waylon Jennings & Willie Nelson
42. Cheeseburger In Paradise - Jimmy Buffett
43. Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad - Meatloaf
44. Can We Still Be Friends - Todd Rundgren
45. Dust In The Wind - Kansas
46. Take A Chance On Me - Abba
47. Wheel In The Sky - Journey
48. Shadow Dancing - Andy Gibb
49. Miss You - Rolling Stones
50. Ca Plane Pour Moi - Plastic Bertrand
51. Movin Out - Billy Joel
52. Fooling Yourself (Angry Young Man) - Styx
53. Thank You For Being A Friend - Andrew Gold
54. More Than a Woman - Tavares
55. Lovely Day - Bill Withers
56. Let's All Chant - Michael Zager Band
57. You Don't Bring Me Flowers - Barbra Streisand & Neil Diamond
58. What A Difference You've Made In My Life - Ronnie Milsap
59. Werewolves Of London - Warren Zevon
60 Shout It Out Loud - Kiss
61. Boogie Oogie Oogie - A Taste Of Honey
62. Roll With The Changes - REO Speedwagon
63. Flash Light - Parliament
64. Portrait (He Knew) - Kansas
65. Three Times A Lady - Commodores
66. Hot Shot - Karen Young
67. In The Bush - Musique
68. You Got That Right - Lynyrd Skynyrd
69. Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood - Santa Esmeralda
70. # 1 Dee Jay - Goody Goody
71. Listen Too Her Heart - Tom Petty
72. Psycho Killer - Talking Heads
73. The Groove Line - Heatwave
74. Soft and Wet - Prince
75. Surrender - Cheap Trick
76. Anytime - Journey
77. Serpentine Fire - Earth Wind and Fire
78. Just What I Needed - The Cars
79. I Love The Nightlife (Disco 'round) - Alicia Bridges
80. Trans-Europe Express - Kraftwerk
81. Here You Come Again - Dolly parton
82. Get Off - Foxy
83. Feels So Good - Chuck Mangione
84. Come Sail Away - Styx
85. Come Together - Aerosmith
86. I Just Wanna Stop - Gino Vanelli
87. Hot Legs - Rod Stewart
88. I Was Only Joking - Rod Stewart
89. Don't Look Back - Boston
90. Slip Slidin' away - Paul Simon
91. Time For Me To Fly - REO Speedwagon
92. On Bradway - George Benson
93. Every Kinda People - Robert Palmer
94. Do You Wanna Dance - Ramones
95. Point of Know Return - Kansas
96. The House of the Rising Sun - Santa Esmeralda
97. Prove It All Night - Bruce Springsteen
98. I Need To Know - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
99. Don't Let It Show - Alan Parsons Project
100. Hot Summer Nights - Walter Egan

No comments:

Post a Comment