Friday, April 25, 2014

THE MOST POPULAR SONG HITS OF 1976


1. Play That Funky Music - Wild Cherry
"Play that funky music white boy
Play that funky music right
Play that funky music white boy
Lay down the boogie and play that funky music till you die"
2. December 1963 (Oh What A Night) - Four Seasons
"Oh, what a night
Late December back in '63
What a very special time for me,
'Cause I remember what a night"
3. Shake Your Booty - KC and The Sunshine Band
Everybody, get on the floor, let's dance!
Don't fight your feeling, give yourself a chance!
Shake shake shake, shake shake shake
Shake your booty! Shake your booty!"
4. Afternoon Delight - the Starland Vocal Band
"Sky rockets in flight
Afternoon delight
Afternoon delight"
5. You'll Never Find Another Love Like Mine - Lou Rawls
"You'll never find another love like mine
Someone who needs you like I do
You'll never see, oh, what you've found in me"
6. Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen
"Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy
Caught in a landslide
No escape from reality"
7. Rock and Roll All Night (Live) - Kiss
"You drive us wild, we'll drive you crazy
You keep on shoutin', you keep on shoutin'
I wanna rock and roll all night and party every day"
8. Summer - War
"Cause it's summer
Summertime is here
Yes it's summer
My time of year
Yes it's summer
My time of year"
9. Take The Money and Run - Steve Miller Band
"This here's a story about Billy Joe and Bobbie Sue
Two young lovers with nothin' better to do"
"Go on take the money and run
Go on take the money and run"
10. Turn The Beat Around - Vicki Sue Robinson
"Turn the beat around
Love to hear the percussion
Turn it upside down
Love to hear the percussion
Love to hear it"
11. Get Up Offa That Thing - James Brown
"Get up offa that thing
And dance till you feel better
Get up offa that thing
Try to release that pressure"
12. I Heard It Through The Grapevine - Creedence Clearwater Revival
"Oo Bet you're wond'ring how I knew "bout your plans to make me blue"
"I heard it through the grapevine not much longer would you be mine
Oo I heard it through the grapevine and I'm just about to lose my mind
Honey, honey, yeah"
13. You Should Be Dancin' - Bee Gees
"My baby moves at midnight
Goes right on till the dawn
My woman takes me higher
My woman keeps me warm"
"You should be dancin, yeah"
14. Theme From Mahogany (Do You Know Where You're Going To) - Diana Ross
"Do you know where you're going to?
Do you like the things that life is showing you?
Where are you going to?
Do you know?"
15. Rock N Me - Steve Miller Band
"I went from Phoenix, Arizona
All the way to Tacoma
Philadelphia, Atlanta, L.A.
Northern California where the girls are warm
So I could be with my sweet baby yeah"
16. Heaven Must Be Missing An Angel - Tavares
"Heaven must be missin' an angel
Missin' one angel, child
'Cause you're here with me right now
Your love is heavenly, baby
Heavenly to me, baby"
17. You Sexy Thing - Hot Chocolate
"I believe in miracles where you from
You sexy thing (you sexy thing - you)
I believe in miracles since you came along
You sexy thing"
18. If You Leave Me Now - Chicago
"If you leave me now, you'll take away the biggest part of me
Uh uh uh uh no baby please don't go
And if you leave me now, you'll take away the very heart of me
Uh uh uh uh no baby please don't go"
19. The Rubberband Man - the Spinners
"Hey y'all prepare yourself
For the Rubberband Man
You never heard a sound
Like the Rubberband Man
You're bound to lose control
When the rubber bans starts to jam"
20. Baby I Love Your Way - Peter Frampton
"Shadows grow so long before my eyes
And they're moving across the page
Suddenly the day turns into night
Far away from the city
But don't hesitate 'cuz your love won't wait"
21. Love To Love You Baby - Donna Summer
"When you're laying so close to me
There's no place I'd rather you be
Than with me here
I love to love you baby"
22. Love Machine - The Miracles
"Oh, yeah.......
I, I, I'm just a love machine and I won't work for nobody but you
I, I, I'm just a love machine....A hugging, kissing fiend"
23. Breezin' - George Benson
(Instrumental)
24. You're My Best Friend - Queen
"Ooh you make me live
Whatever this world can give to me
It's you you're all I see
Ooo you make me live now honey
Ooo you make me live"
25. Dream On - Aerosmith
"Sing with me, sing for the years
Sing for the laughter, sing for the tears
Sing with me, just for today
Maybe tomorrow, the good Lord will take you away"
26. Tonight's The Night - Rod Stewart
27. Sing A Song - Earth, Wind and Fire
28. More Than A Feeling - Boston
29. Show Me The Way - Peter Frampton
30. Love Rollercoaster - Ohio Players
31. I'd Really Love To See You Tonight - England Dan & John Ford Coley
32. Tear The Roof Off The Sucker (Give Up The Funk) - Parliament
33. Boogie Fever - The Sylvers
34. (Don't Fear) The Reaper - Blue Oyster Cult
35. Fernando - Abba
36. Saturday Night - Bay City Rollers
37. Love Is The Drug - Roxy Music
38. Golden Years - David Bowie
39. Mamma Mia - Abba
40. Wake Up Everybody - Harold Melvin and the Bluenotes
41. Love Hurts - Nazareth
42. Sara Smile - Hall and Oates
43. Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
44. Magic Man - Heart
45. Fly Away - John Denver
46. Still Crazy After All These Years - Paul Simon
47. Disco Duck - Rick Dees
48. Love Hangover - Diana Ross
49. One Piece At A Time - Johnny Cash
50. Strange Magic - ELO
51. Kid Charlemagne - Steely Dan
52. Hurricane - Bob Dylan
53. Right Back Where We Started From - Maxine Nightingale
54. Hold Back The Night - The Trammps
55. Let Her In - John Travolta
56. A Fifth Of Beethoven - Walter Murphy
57. Can't Hide Love - Earth, Wind and Fire
58. Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out - Bruce Springsteen
59. 50 Ways To Leave Your Lover - Paul Simon
60 Takin It To The Streets - Doobie Brothers
61. It's Over - Boz Scaggs
62. This Masquerade - George Benson
63. Madamoiselle - Styx
64. Times of Your Life - Paul Anka
65. Shower The People - James Taylor
66. Slow Ride - Foghat
67. Beth - Kiss
68. The Fez - Steely Dan
69. More, More, More - Andrea True Connection
70. Hot Stuff - The Rolling Stones
71. Don't Touch Me There - the Tubes
72. Fool For The City - Foghat
73. The Boys Are Back In Town - Thin Lizzie
74. Locomotive Breath - Jethro Tull
75. This One's For You - Barry Manilow
76. Baretta's Theme (Keep Your Eye On The Sparrow) - Rhyth Heritage
77. Love Ballad - L.T.D.
78. Rhiannon (Will You Ever win) - Fleetwood Mac
79. Take It To The Limit - The Eagles
80. Crazy On You - heart
81. Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word - Elton John
82. Still The One - Orleans
83. Nadia's Theme (Young and the Restless) - Barry DeVorzon & Perry Botkin Jr
84. Do You Feel Like We Do - Pter Frampton
85. Evil Woman - Electric Light Orchestra (ELO)
86. Shout It Out Loud - Kiss
87. Magic Man - Heart
88. Sqeeze Box - The Who
89. Moonlight Feels Right - Starbuck
90. Over My Head - Fleetwood Mac
91. Let The Music Play - barry White
92. You Are The Woman - Firefall
93. Lorelei - Styx
94. Say You Love Me - Fleetwood mac
95. The Raven - Alan Parsons Project
96. Whats The Name of This Funk (Spider-Man) Ramsey Lewis
97. Dog Eat Dog Ted Nugent
98. Cowboy Song - Thin Lizzy
99. TVC15 - David Bowie
100. Hey! - The Heyettes

No comments:

Post a Comment