Sunday, January 10, 2010

HASSELHOFF LEAVES NBC TALENT SHOW

David Hasselhoff is saying goodbye to "America's Got Talent" after four years as a judge with Piers Morgan and Sharon Osbourne.

In an exclusive statement to PEOPLE, Hasselhoff, 57, said, "I am proud that I was part of making 'America's Got Talent' the No. 1 rated show for the past four summers. It's been a rewarding experience and now I'm thrilled to be able to follow my dream to do my own TV show, which will be announced very shortly."

Hasselhoff added, "I want to thank my friend, (executive producer) Simon Cowell, and everyone at NBC and Fremantle for the opportunity for four great years."

Details of his new project have not been released.

A statement from NBC said, "David's been an integral part of the success of 'America's Got Talent' and we are sad to see him go. We wish him all the best with his new show."

NBC sources say that they will be looking for a new judge to fill Hasselhoff's seat when the show resumes next summer for the fifth season, but no names have been cited as potential

No comments:

Post a Comment