Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Former super star Sly Stone homeless

Soul music star living in camper in L.A.

Soul music legend Sly Stone, best known as the frontman of Sly and the Family Stone, has squandered his fortune and is living homeless on the streets of Los Angeles.

"I like my small camper," Stone told the New York Post in an article co-written by William Alkema, director of a documentary about the band. "I just do not want to return to a fixed home. I cannot stand being in one place. I must keep moving."

Stone once lived in a Beverly Hills mansion and a Napa Valley compound. But the Post reported that his fortune was stolen "by a lethal combination of excess, substance abuse and financial mismanagement."

He lives now in a white camper that he parks in Crenshaw. A retired couple feeds him daily and allows him to shower in their home, the paper reported.

Stone said he has been recording new music on his laptop.

No comments:

Post a Comment