Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Tom Cruise on Mission Impossible

 Rogue Nation: I feel responsible

 for my cast

2 days ago



Image caption 
Tom Cruise has told Newsbeat he felt "responsible" for his cast while filming the latest Mission: Impossible film.
Rogue Nation is the fifth in the franchise which began back in 1996.
The 53-year-old insists on filming his own stunts which often means other cast members have to join him.
Cruise said: "My schedule is constantly around the clock as I'm also working to train these guys [the cast] as I feel responsible."
This time out Cruise's IMF team are cut off by the CIA with lead character Ethan Hunt out in the field on his own.
He's discovered a rogue agency with the power to bring down any nation it wants. 
Tom Cruise on a London roof
Image caption Tom Cruise went on the roof of the IMAX in Waterloo for photos at the UK Premiere
As well as the action there's also the comedy often brought by Simon Pegg in his third instalment as spy sidekick in the Mission films.
There is also a central performance from Rebecca Ferguson from the BBC's series The White Queen. She plays British spy Ilsa Faust.
Rebecca Ferguson
Image caption Rebecca Ferguson attends the UK Fan Screening of Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation
What you get is some incredible action scenes including the star hanging onto the side of an A400 military transport plane.
What you don't get is much on who bad the bad guys really are and what they are capable of.
Tom Cruise told us: "For everything I've trained my whole life.
"I've done so much to work with them [the cast] to make sure they don't get injured and their performances are wonderful in the film.
"I want to represent them in the best possible light."

Mission: Impossible franchise

    • Mission: Impossible 1996
    • Mission: Impossible II 2000
    • Mission: Impossible III 2006
    • Mission Impossible - Ghost Protocol 2011
    • Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation 2015
The film was shot in the UK as well as Morocco and Austria.
Tom said holding onto the side of a military plane while it took off was one of the trickiest things he's had to do in his career.
To keep his eyes open he was fitted with special contact lenses, but to pick up the audio and get the right shot the scene had to be filmed eight times.
That's eight take offs and landings holding onto the side of a plane.
"It gets your adrenaline going let me tell you. Going down that runway in the A400 the first time," said the actor.
"We spent a lot of time with the engineers, with the pilots. I kept saying to the pilots, when we get that angle of attack, I want my legs slamming on the fuselage. 
"I'll never forget that look [of the pilot], then he says to me 'don't worry'".
Known for his lavish walkabouts on the red carpet the star spent over an hour signing autographs at the IMAX in London's Waterloo.
"The first time we are going down the runway I am trying everything to keep my feet on the steps."
He had just one wire on his wrists linked to the plane for safety.
"What I did with the wire though it's just to catch me if I fall.
"I'm really holding myself. When you see it I'm actually holding on."
Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation is released across the UK on Thursday.
Tom Cruise
Image caption Tom Cruise in London Waterloo for the Rogue Nation film premier

No comments:

Post a Comment