Thursday, June 9, 2011

HOLLYWOOD'S GOLDEN COUPLE

Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell, one of Hollywood’s longest lasting, golden couples. Hawn and Russell have been together for over 25 years! Although the two have never been officially married but they are still going strong. So why won’t they head down the aisle? And what is the secret of their long lasting relationship?

Goldie has this to say:

I think the secret is to know when to depend on somebody and when not to. It’s important that you are able to hold up your side of the house. I believe that one person can’t bear the whole burden because then their shoulders start getting heavy. The other part is to stay as sexy as you can and make sure you focus on all of those aspects of a healthy relationship — and sexuality is definitely one of them.

So why won’t you two head down the aisle?

Because we have done just perfectly without marrying. I already feel devoted and isn’t that what marriage is supposed to do? So as long as my emotional state is in a state of devotion, honesty, caring and loving, then we’re fine.

We both have independent finances, we’re both independently well-off. We have raised our children brilliantly; they are beautiful people. We did a great job there and we didn’t have to get married to do that. I like waking up every day and seeing that he is there and knowing that I have a choice. There is really no reason to marry.

I do agree that marriage isn’t for everybody. 50% of marriages end up in divorces these days I bet the figure is way higher in Hollywood.

No comments:

Post a Comment