Monday, November 30, 2020

image

                             image   image image   image

In this issue:

==========================================================

Image

TikTok User Cooks a Steak In a Plane Lavatory

A TikTok user has been slammed after a video emerged of the man cooking a steak in a Delta plane lavatory. Retweeted by Southwest, the now-deleted (apparently fake) TikTok video begins by stating “they don’t have hot meals anymore on airplanes, so I came up with a solution”.

The stunt saw Marcus Munroe, a New York prankster, pretend to use canned heat (powered by smokeless ethanol gel) within the toilet bowl. He then lays down an aluminium grilling sheet across the seat, puts the steak on the grill and drizzles some white wine for it to marinade in.

Read More

Image

My Aviation Collection + Thanksgiving Giveaway

As an AvGeek, I collect just about anything related to commercial aviation. I have just recently moved house, while doing so I made the decision to share with you some of my aviation collection.

I collect airplane models that I flew on as a passenger. Most of my models are GeminiJets, in both 1:200 and 1:400 scale. I decorate the showcase with models and include some of the flight certificates in the background.

Read More

Image

Qantas to Operate Non-Stop Flight Between Europe and Australia

Qantas plan to reinvigorate their old routes throughout December, as part of the Australian Government’s efforts to repatriate thousands of citizens stranded in Europe.

Beginning in mid-December this latest round of repatriation flights will aim to bring home some of the 36,000 Australians, who have indicated that they want to return to Australia. Working in conjunction with the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) Qantas will fly the returning travellers to Darwin, where they will undertake two weeks of mandatory quarantine.

Read More

Image

GeminiJets Airplane Models – Dec 2020 New Release + Discounts

I have been collecting GeminiJets since they launched 20 years ago! At a depressing time like this, I have found model collecting can really take away some of the stress! Special Offer This is a sponsor post showcase of the latest GeminiJets airplane model releases. Hope you can find something you like. To purchase GeminiJets, go to DiecastJets.com use code SAMCHUI at checkout […]

The post GeminiJets Airplane Models – Dec 2020 New Release + Discountsappeared first on SamChui.com.

Image

Volga-Dnepr Grounds Entire An-124 Fleet

Volga-Dnepr Group has decided to ground, effective immediately, its entire fleet of eight An-124s following a recent incident at Novosibirsk, when one made an emergency landing after an engine failure. Reported by Loadstar, the carrier today filed a letter with the Russian aviation authorities to notify them of the decision to ground its eight operational […]

The post Volga-Dnepr Grounds Entire An-124 Fleet appeared first on SamChui.com.

Image

IATA: Airlines to see a Significant Turn for the Better in 2021

The International Air Transport Association (IATA) announced a revised outlook for airline industry performance in 2020 and 2021. Deep industry losses will continue into 2021, even though performance is expected to improve over the period of the forecast.   A net loss of $118.5 billion is expected for 2020 (deeper than the $84.3 billion forecast in […]

The post IATA: Airlines to see a Significant Turn for the Better in 2021appeared first on SamChui.com.

Image

Stored British Airways B747 Catches Fire in Spain

Today at Castellon airport in Spain, a stored British Airways Boeing 747-400 caught fire. The aircraft, with registration G-CIVD, made a ferried flight for retirement and dismantling to Castellon airport in mid-August. Since then the 26 year old aircraft has been stored at a remote stand. According to Levante newspaper, as explained by the provincial […]

The post Stored British Airways B747 Catches Fire in Spain appeared first on SamChui.com.

Continue reading "Stored British Airways B747 Catches Fire in Spain"

Image

Video: An AvGeek’s Home – My Aviation Collection

As an AvGeek, I collect just about anything related to commercial aviation. I have just recently moved house, while doing so I made the decision to share with you some of my aviation collection.

I collect airplane models that I flew on as a passenger. Most of my models are GeminiJets, in both 1:200 and 1:400 scale. I decorate the showcase with models and include some of the flight certificates in the background. I have hundreds of airline amenity kits from traveling and many sets of sleepwear.

I adore tableware with airline logos, but not the generic ones. I also collect in-flight menus from the flights I have been on. Some of them are rare or one of a kind; such as the inaugural A350-1000 flight on Qatar Airways, the last breakfast menu on EL AL B747-400 and the flight menu from Hello Kitty flights on EVA Air. On my book shelve, I have a varied collection of aviation books and this includes my latest book Air747.

Apart from my collection, my new home boost a great view over Dubai Airport. I can easily do plane spotting from my balcony. Watch the amazing view from the roof top of my building with sweeping view of Dubai city and Dubai Airport.

Watch Video

No comments:

Post a Comment